Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Guest Post by: Sue.....Fast Food

Today, after returning home from the ER with my son (he may need surgery), I ate away my stress and devoured an entire two item plate from Panda Express, as well as a 1/4 of a large frosty from Wendy's. So, in light of this giant food mishap, I hereby promise, publicly, and officially, NOT to eat fast food more often than one day a week, and when I do, to eat only the amount I need. (You know, one hamburger and a small fry, instead of three cheeseburgers, a large fry, super size Coke....etc.). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is a good food choice in any way, but hey, I can only promise to be good six days of the week. I bet I could lose weight on the no fast food plan without any other changes at the rate I hit the drive thrus. From now on, no fast food. Promise!

If you want to commit to no more fast food, or any other vices, please comment below. If you commit to NOT do something and then cheat, you must confess and we will be VERY, VERY disappointed in you. We will be watching. You! Put down that Big Mac! Thanks, Bec, for including me in your blogging. I can't promise good posts, but I can promise this will help me personally, so thank you in advance for letting me blog.

6 comments:

Becky Sharp said...

Your welcome Sue! And don't worry, good posts aren't required here...just honesty and a sincere desire to change, which I think you have without a doubt!

And by the way...what happened to son that may need surgery?

Duncan said...

Yeah, whats wrong with Aaron?

I commit to not eating fast food more than once a week AND to try to make better choices when I do. Tonight is fast food night so I can make it to class on time. I am planning to go to Subway and get a healthy sandwich. But I might get a soda too. Hey, one at a time!

Sue said...

I will tell you all about Aaron via email.

Sue said...

Oh,sorry... I mean y'all. The Texas police were coming to bust me for not slurring my words together, even in print.

The Windy City Duo said...

What's wrong with Aaron?

I went to a dietician about a month ago and helped me put together a meal plan for a crazy busy schedule. It has been a life saver! I would be glad to share if any one is interested. I have lost six pounds in three weeks just following her suggestions. The one downside is that it doesn't include a whole lot of variety... which makes it hard to stick to some days.

Becky Sharp said...

windy city - We want to hear your fabulous tips! Please feel free to share. And congrats on losing 6 lbs!