Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am a slacker.

This diet is NOT going so well. My sinus infection/cold or whatever never really went away I think. I'm feeling worse today. Yuck! Then there was my birthday (Italian dinner, cake, etc.) Then I made chocolate zucchini bread and consumed half of it myself. Then my husband went away for a business trip on our anniversary of all days! I'm a little depressed about that. Now I'm trying to keep myself and my children alive one day at a time until he gets back.

So where does that leave me? Well, at the moment, fatter and more tired than I was when I started this thing. I will continue to post, because I need to figure out the underlying emotional issues and stresses that contribute to unhealthy eating and a sedentary lifestyle. I know that some of you might wonder why I even want to lose weight. You might see my 128 lbs and scoff because you think that I don't need to lose weight. I hear it all the time! But believe it or not, I am right at the overweight line on the BMI chart for my height and age. Not to mention, I feel horrible. That's enough of a reason for me!

So, if anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

1 comment:

Duncan said...

Hi! I thought I would leave you a post to motivate you in not eating at fast food places. I know (intimately) a person who works at various ff places. He isn't reliable enough to work at any one place for longer than a few months but he is the type of person that they hire. He smokes, drinks, and does drugs. He owns one pair of clothes (undies included) and does not own a toothbrush (hasn't for 5 years). He takes a shower maybe once a week and lives on the streets half the time. He is the one they hire to be in the back (so you don't see him) preparing your food! Mmmmm, tasty! Good luck! I know it has cured me!