Monday, February 9, 2009

On to Phase 2...

This week I completed Phase 1 of the Curves diet. I tried hard to eat a higher percentage of proteins and less carbs. I avoided sweets completely! I did not eat one bite of chocolate all week. (I can't believe I did that!) And, I restricted my calories to around 1200 per day. I think I actually ate less than that. This may be the reason:

While tracking Weight Watcher "points" on this blog, I have also been tracking my food intake on CurvesComplete.com. I discovered that the Weight Watcher's point system doesn't exactly mesh with the Curves system. Meaning, the points are not equivalent to a certain number of calories. "Point" values are based on the calories, fat and fiber in foods. Whereas, CurvesComplete was trying to get me to eat certain amounts of protein, carbs, and calories. Anyway, at the end of every day I would figure out my points, aiming for between 18-24. But when I would go enter the same exact foods and quantities into CurvesComplete, it would usually come up short on carbs and calories. So, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...but I did lose 4 lbs and I feel good, so I must be doing something right! I don't want to rely on CurvesComplete too much because I won't be using it after the first month on this diet. (I have a one month free trial, and then it's $15 per month after that.) Then all I'll have is the point system to rely on.

Starting today, I am supposed to bump the calories to 1500, carbs to 160 g, and protein to 115 g. I think this will be hard, because I am not as hungry as I used to be. 1200 calories was plenty to fill me up. So, I will actually have to make myself eat a little more. I should be ok if I increase my serving size. On to another great week of dieting and exercise!

No comments: